Scottsdale Tax and Estate Planning Attorney Kevin A. Ganser, Esq., LL.M. Taxation, is a California and Arizona licensed attorney, and is the owner of Ganser Law Offices. Before returning to his adopted home state of Arizona (where he is a proud resident of the North Scottsdale community), Kevin lived, worked and then attended law school in San Francisco, where he obtained a law degree and a specialized legal master's degree (LL.M. in Taxation) at Golden Gate University School of Law -- a...
Scottsdale Tax and Estate Planning Attorney Kevin A. Ganser, Esq., LL.M. Taxation, is a California and Arizona licensed attorney, and is the owner of Ganser Law Offices. Before returning to his adopted home state of Arizona (where he is a proud resident of the North Scottsdale community), Kevin lived, worked and then attended law school in San Francisco, where he obtained a law degree and a specialized legal master's degree (LL.M. in Taxation) at Golden Gate University School of Law -- a program consistently named the "Best Tax LL.M. Program" by the respected legal publication "The Recorder". Prior to starting his own law firm, Kevin worked in the San Francisco and San Mateo County probate courts, and subsequently worked, trained, and was mentored by many of the brightest estate judges and attorneys on the West Coast.
Kevin's focuses his practice solely on "private client" services, with a concentration in estate planning, income tax planning, family wealth preservation, probate, trust administration, real estate transactions, business formation and transactions (LLC’s and Corporations), Arizona Transaction Privilege Tax (Arizona TPT), and related California focused practices tailored for on Arizona-based clients dealing with California matters.
Estate Planning, Wills, Trusts & Family Wealth Preservation
In his estate planning practice, Kevin works with a range of estate planning clients. Whether a young family establishing their first estate plan or a high or ultra net high worth client or business owners seeking income and estate tax relief, Kevin has the experience and the backing of a network of highly competent professionals to solve even the most difficult legal issues.
With regard to tax planning and family wealth preservation issues, Kevin has experience implementing advanced tax planning and asset protection strategies, including:
• Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts (ILIT)
• Sales to Intentionally Defective Grantor Trusts (Sale to IDGT)
• Generation Skipping Dynasty Trusts (GST or "Dynasty" Trust)
• Charitable Split Interest Trusts (CRT or CLAT)
• Qualified Personal Residence Trusts (QPRT)
• Spousal Lifetime Access Trusts (SLAT)
• Family Limited Partnerships (FLP)
• Private Foundations
• Gifts to Donor Advised Funds
Probate & Trust Administration
In his probate and trust administration practice, Kevin has experience with both simple and complex matters, including matters contested by family members and/or aggressive third-party creditors.
Real Estate, Corporate, and Tax
Kevin's transactions practice focuses on assisting individuals, families and businesses with:
• Commercial and residential real estate leases, private mortgages, and purchase transactions;
• Business (LLCs, Corporations, Partnerships) formation and dissolution;
• Business transactions (including buy-sell agreements & business sales);
• Business succession planning;
• Arizona Transaction Privilege Tax ("TPT"; i.e. Sales Tax); and
• California estate planning, real property transfers, and property tax planning ("Proposition 13")
• Ambassador - Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen) Foundation - 2018 - Present
• Volunteer - SHINE Special Needs Ministry at Illuminate Community Church - 2016 - Present
In his free time, Kevin enjoys spending cherished quality time with his wife and two daughters, friends and extended family. Kevin enjoys cooking, skiing, mountain biking, travel, and photography. He is an avid Denver Broncos, Phoenix Suns, Nebraska Cornhuskers, Mercedes Formula One racing team, and Real Madrid fan, but closely follows the Arizona Wildcats, and Arizona Cardinals.
• State Bar of Arizona
• State Bar of California
• American Bar Association; Section of Real Property Trust and Estate Law
• Maricopa County Bar Association
• Central Arizona Estate Planning Council