Before hiring a divorce lawyer, consider the benefits of mediation:
*Immediate legal protections
* Legally binding contracts upheld in court
*Complete legal information from a family law attorney and all of the tools used in court
* Significantly reduced costs (avoid 2 attorneys fees and retainer fees)
* An efficient resolution (working with divorce lawyers can take years in court)
*Immediate ways to save on divorce filing fees
If mediation isn't right for you, individual legal consultations can:
* Save you money without large retainer fees
* Simplify and resolve your case outside of court
* Provide you immediate legal protections
* Offer direction communication with your spouse (or their attorney), so you don't have to
Monica Vantoch, J.D., Mediating Attorney, has dedicated her practice to family law mediation and collaborative law for many years. She has successfully helped hundreds of parties efficiently and affordably resolve their divorce and child support matters outside of court.
~Offering complimentary, confidential, phone consultations to help you determine the best option for you. We will typically speak with you on the same day.~
~Offices located in Santa Cruz and Los Gatos.~
Consider the following:
Comfort Level - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
Credentials - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
Cost - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
City - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Here are a few to get you started:
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can: