Harrisburg Business & Commercial Law Firm
Established in 1978, Peters & Wasilefski has been protecting the interests and rights of its clients through creative and aggressive professional legal representation. This site has been created to introduce the public to Peters & Wasilefski, its background and history, its attorneys, areas of practice, geographic area covered, and the quality of work performed by the attorneys and staff of Peters & Wasilefski. Please feel free to browse the pages that make up this website by clicking on the links below. This will take you into the area where you can find more specific information about the firm and the people that make this one of the most professional and prestigious law firms in South Central Pennsylvania.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.