Cartersville Business Law Lawyer
Tony's dedication to law is matched only by his devotion to his clients and the community in which they live. Tony contributes time and money to numerous charitable organizations in the community including the League for Battered Women and the Bartow Aids Alliance.
Tony has both personal and professional ties with Mexico and takes great pride in his ability to provide effective legal services to the Spanish community. Perrotta, Lamb & Johnson, LLC employs several Spanish-speaking employees that are able to effectively assist our Spanish speaking clients.
Tony Perrotta received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Georgia School of Law in 1982. Prior to law school, Tony graduated with high honors from the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, where he earned a Bachelors in Biology and Chemistry. He then graduated from Emory University, where he completed studies for his Masters in Biology.
Tony is admitted to practice in all Georgia state courts, and in the Georgia Court of Appeals and Georgia Supreme Court. Tony Perrotta is a member of the State Bar of Georgia; the Cartersville-Bartow Bar Association; League for Battered Women (Board of Directors 1985-1998); Bartow Aids Alliance (Board of Directors 1990-2010); and the Stonewall Bar Association of Georgia. He has also published articles on family law and has served on the faculty of several State Bar sponsored continuing education programs.
Outside of the law, Tony enjoys traveling the world as he has visited 52 countries. He also enjoys spending time at his home in Mexico, where he spend his hours fishing and reading.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.