Clifford J. Miller is Co-Founder of the firm, a Senior Member of its Executive Committee, and Chairman of the Business/Real Estate practice group. For more than 37 years Cliff has represented and advised institutions and individuals in a broad and widely varied range of business matters, including the following:
• Structuring, negotiating and documenting commercial and residential real estate development projects, acquisitions and dispositions, including office buildings, resort hotels, mixed-use residential and retail commercial condominiums, residential subdivisions, shopping centers, and theme parks; structuring and negotiating ground leases and tenant leases for the foregoing; negotiating and preparing contracts with architects, engineers, environmental consultants, construction companies, and others for the development of major real estate projects; negotiating and preparing hotel management and technical services agreements for hotels
• Structuring, organizing, and reorganizing limited liability companies, partnerships, joint ventures, corporations
• Mergers and acquisition of operating businesses
• Structuring and negotiating acquisition, construction, long-term, bridge and operating loans and lines of credit for institutional and private lenders and borrowers
• Negotiating and documenting workouts and restructuring of loans for lenders and borrowers
• Negotiating and documenting agreements with actors, musicians, talent managers and agents, and production companies
Mr. Miller served as General Counsel for the Pacific Basin Economic Council (PBEC) for over 10 years, during which he advised PBEC on the admission of China to PBEC, and represents companies and individuals based in and/or doing business in China and Japan.
Consider the following:
Comfort Level - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
Credentials - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
Cost - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
City - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Here are a few to get you started: