TSR has grown into one of the largest and most successful personal injury law firms in the State of Minnesota. It continues to grow with the assistance of his current and past clients who never forget the lawyer that helped them in their time of need. Close to 60 percent of Steve's new clients come from past client referrals.
Steve graduated with honors from the University of Minnesota and Magna Cum Laudefrom William Mitchell College of Law where he also served on the school's Law Review. Steve currently serves on the Minnesota Association for Justice's Board of Governors and will is the President of MAJ from August 2014 to August 2015.
Steven has helped thousands of people in Minnesota, and across the United States, with injuries arising from car crashes, dangerous products, animal attacks, work related injuries and practically any other manner in which a person could be injured. Some of his recent cases include:
- $250,000 for client hit on a freeway. He had a disputed low back surgery where the pain did not start until a few months after the crash., 2014
- $350,000 for a client who was hit by a drunk driver. He was unable to continue his job as a carpenter due to wrist surgery., 2014
- $93,500 for a client who fell at a store on an area under construction. She had a non-surgical shoulder fracture., 2014
- $250,000 for a wheelchair bound client who was hit while crossing the street. She suffered knee pain which required surgery., 2014
- $300,000 for client who was run over while in a cross walk. She suffered a broken shoulder and opposite arm injuries., 2014
- $300,000 for client who slipped on water at a hotel. He suffered a fractured hip and had to have hip replacement surgery., 2014
- $150,000 settlemnt for rear-end crash. Client had knee surgery., 2014
- $200,000 settlement on client that was rear-ended. He had back surgey after the crash, but already had 6 prior surgeries before., 2014
- $207,000 settlement for neck surgery. Client had many priors with the same injury., 2014
- $100,000.00 settlemnt for child passenger with facial scars. Annuity was set up that will pay over $300,000.00 over the lifetime of the payouts. TSR reduced our fee to add more compensation for the child., 2014
- $250,000.00 settlement with defendant who claimed our client pulled in front of him. 3 level neck fusion and wage loss., 2014
- $356,000.00 settlemnt for disputed car crash. Injuries included neck surgery and facial scar., 2014
He has been selected by his attorney peers as both a Rising Star and Super Lawyer in Minnesota, which is an honor granted to only the top 5% of attorneys in the state. A large majority of new cases are referred directly from other practicing attorneys or past clients, which reflects well on his character, work ethic, and ability as a Personal Injury Lawyer. The Minnesota State Bar Association has honored Steve with the Minnesota Award for Professional Excellence for his pro bono work on the 35W Bridge Collapse Consortium. Steven also handles appellate cases and most recently won the Munoz case, which clarified the responsibility of the at-fault party to pay for non-covered medical bills of the injured party. Many deem this case a landmark decision.
He lives with his wife, Jennifer, and daughters, Devyn and Weslee, in Bloomington, Minnesota. Non-work-related activities include riding his Harley Davidson, international travel, cabin time, and cheering for (in no particular order) the Minnesota Timberwolves, Detroit Lions and Tigers and University of Michigan Football team.