Gaudin, Todd E.
Current Employment Position(s)
Some say Todd Gaudin is Mr. All America - fun, generous, compassionate, dedicated to God, family, country, clients, and friends. Todd has practiced law since 1996 and was awarded the Judge Joseph Keogh Memorial Award by the Baton Rouge Bar Association in 1999. He served on the Board of Directors for the Baton Rouge Bar Association from 2003-2004, and in 2004 he received the Michaelle Pitard Wynne Professionalism Award. His specialty practice areas include adoptions and successions. Todd has tracked legislation and lobbied for legislation important to his clients. His lobby efforts have focused on pro-life and pro-family issues.
A Baton Rouge native, Todd is a Catholic High School and Louisiana State University graduate. He served in the U.S. Marine Corps prior to completing law school at Southern University. He is a longstanding member of local and state bar associations. Todd is also an alumnus of the 2001 Baton Rouge Chamber of Commerce Leadership Class and a frequent speaker at educational law seminars. He is involved in drafting legislation for the Louisiana Children’s Code.
Areas of Practice
- Adoptions of Minors & Adults
- Juvenile Proceedings
- Succession of Estates
West Practice Categories
- Louisiana, 1996
- U.S. District Court, 1998
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Baton Rouge Bar Association, 2002 - 2004 (Board Member)
- Paracletia, 2010 - Present (Board Member)
- Louisiana Law Institute - Children's Code Committee (Subcommittee on Adoption Procedures )
Honors and Awards
- Michaelle Pitard Wynne Professionalism Award, 2004 - Present
- Judge Joseph Keogh Memorial Award, 1999 - Present
Classes and Seminars
- Adoption Topics, Catholic Charities& Baton Rouge Bar Association, 2004 - 2007
- Succession of Estates, NBI & Baton Rouge Bar Association, 2008 - 2011
- Adoption Topics, Catholic Charities & Baton Rouge Bar Association, 2009 - 2010
- Review of Essential Probate Documents
- Oddities & Challenges in Probate Law
- The Essential Basics
- Resolving Eldercare Issues
- Probate Process: from A-Z
Past Employment Positions
- First Circuit Court of Appeals, Attorney, 1996 - 1997
- Baton Rouge City Police, Special Counsel, 1998 - 2000
- LA Catholic Conference, Lobbyist, 2005 - 2008
- Southern University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana,
Honors: magna cum laude
Honors: With Honors
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware,
Major: Intensive Trial Advocacy Program
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Phi Gamma Delta
- Legislative Lobbying
During our adoption process "Todd" became a household name. He always went the extra mile to treat us as family, not just clients. I would describe him as quick witted, extremely acute to the fine details of the law, a whole hearted passionate advocate for children, and a simply charming family man. While our family was enduring this journey of adoption Todd made all the difference. We watched him gain the respect and affections of all parties involved in the court room with his genuine concern for the true meanings of laws to be applied for the sake of the children. What makes Todd so precious is the way he was there for our family helping us focus during this emotional time. His meetings, phone calls, emails, etc... Were always easy to understand and when needed heart felt and compassionate. Our story was a happy ending but I know that isn't always the case however, I can honestly say I wouldn't want any other lawyer standing by me. Thank you Todd you were an answer to our prayers.
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our West Legal Directory disclaimers. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.