Mr. Pugh has been with ECG since 1999, and has been a partner since 2004. Mr. Pugh has extensive experience in all aspects of civil litigation in both state and federal courts. He has tried over a dozen cases and argued over a dozen times before the California Court of Appeal and Ninth Circuit. Mr. Pugh has been a Guest Lecturer at Pepperdine Law School teaching strategies to implement during trial to prepare for a successful appeal.
Mr. Pugh's representative trial victories include:
· Obtained a Writ of Mandate voiding a $22 Million trash collection contract with the City of Los Alamitos procured in violation of the city's competitive bidding laws.
· Enforced the document inspection rights of Irvine City Council Members Steven Choi and Christina Shea against Orange County Great Park Corporation.
· Enforced a shareholder buy-sell agreement leading to a favorable settlement immediately prior to closing arguments.
· In representing a publicly traded healthcare corporation, successfully prosecuted two trials for breach of a settlement agreement by the client’s former labor attorney.
· Successfully prosecuted a petition to recover attorneys' fees incurred for the benefit of a conservatee's trust.
· In a breach of contract action, successfully eliminated charges to which clients objected.
· Successfully prosecuted breach of professional fee agreement.
· Representing entertainment company, successfully prosecuted breach of contract claim with consequential damages award.