Jim Abrams, has over 30 years experience as an attorney addressing matters involving compensation, wage & hour matters, workplace investigations, terminations, discipline, lay-offs, workers' compensation, all forms of workplace and non-workplace discrimination, whistleblowing, OSHA matters, unemployment compensation, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), drug and alcohol issues, non-compete agreements, severance agreements, cease and desist letters, workplace bullying and...Read more
Jim Abrams, has over 30 years experience as an attorney addressing matters involving compensation, wage & hour matters, workplace investigations, terminations, discipline, lay-offs, workers' compensation, all forms of workplace and non-workplace discrimination, whistleblowing, OSHA matters, unemployment compensation, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), drug and alcohol issues, non-compete agreements, severance agreements, cease and desist letters, workplace bullying and incivility, revoked job offers, interference with a job, contract or business relationship, identity theft, notices of intent to sue, defamation, Employee Polygraph Protection Act, employment contracts, and other labor and employment issues arising in the public and private sector. As an experienced trial lawyer, he regularly appears before federal and state courts and administrative agencies. He practices nationally.
For more than 16 years, Jim Abrams served as senior labor and employment counsel for Rockwell International as the operator of a nuclear weapons facility and Texaco's exploration and production, refining, marketing and transportation units. As lead investigator in hundreds of workplace investigations, he has the knowledge and experience to advise either management or employees. He has authored a number of articles, been interviewed and quoted by major news organizations including CNN, Fox News, Forbes, ABC, the Denver Post, KHOW radio and other publications and has given multiple presentations on labor and employment law and human resource matters.
Trained by the U.S. Department of Justice and previously serving as Counsel for the Solicitor of Labor, Jim represented a variety of federal agencies including the Wage & Hour Division, OSHA, ERISA, MSHA and the OFCCP. He has appeared with the National Labor Relations Board to prosecute alleged violations of the National Labor Relations Act. Jim has also appeared with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission attorneys in federal court to remedy violations of Title VII.
Jim Abrams received his Juris Doctor from the University of Oklahoma where he was named to the Dean's List. He received his doctorate from the University of Oklahoma Medical Center under the sponsorship of the United States Public Health Service. Jim received his Certified Compensation Professional designation through the American Compensation Association.
At the request of the United States Congress, Jim Abrams has testified on workplace matters. He has been judicially qualified to testify as an expert in employment law. He currently serves on the Colorado Supreme Court's Civil Rules Committee and formerly served on the Board of Directors for the Colorado Safety Association and the board of the American Corporate Counsel Association, Colorado Chapter.
Jim Abrams has been admitted to practice in the States of Oklahoma and Colorado as well as the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado and the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Commander: United States Navy. United States Public Health Service, Commissioned Corps, Centers for Disease Control.
- • Employment Law -- Employer
• Agency Practice: US Department of Labor, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Wage and Hour Division, Colorado Civil Rights Division (CCRD), Colorado Department of Labor and Employment (CDLE), National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), Denver Anti-discrimination Office (DADO), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE), State Personnel Board, Denver Career Service Authority, Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB), Federal Labor Relations Authority (FLRA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FSLA) / Wage and Hour
- City Personnel Actions
- Professional Licensing
- Davis-Bacon Act
- Service Contract
- Workers' Compensation
- Independent Contractor Disputes
- Unemployment Compensation / Unemployment Benefits
- Non-Compete Agreements
- Notice of Right to Sue
- Workplace Bullying
- Cease and Desist Letters
- Professional Credentialing [medical, dental, pharmacy, nursing, accounting, etc.]
- Workplace Theft and Security
- Federal Employee Issues
- Labor-Management Relations Issues
- Union Issues
- Reference Checking and Defamation by Prior Employers
- Discharge and Discrimination
- Employee Benefits / Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Employment Agreements
- Settlement Agreements
- Severance Agreements
- Bad employment references
- EEOC intervention actions
- Wage and Hour Misclassification
- Failure to pay employment taxes
- Criminal record issues
- Ex Offender Rights
- Employment issues concerning felons
- Unemployment Insurance Tax Hearings
Injury litigation in all courts. Thirty-plus years of experience. Specialized case evaluation. Complex claims risk analysis. Prior defense experience. We know the factors leading to a successful outcome.
Accident? Injury? Illness? If any of the following have occurred in your life, please contact us at 303.321.6087.
Economic, non-economic and impairment evaluation
Insurance company coverage analysis
Accident analysis by proven experts
Let us analyze your case, prepare your documentation and guide you through the legal and medical maze. Each case is unique and requires a tailored approach. Your success is our satisfaction.
Jim Abrams accepts payment with AMEX, Discover, VISA and MC.Read less
Denver, CO 80206
Consider the following:
Comfort Level - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
Credentials - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
Cost - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
City - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?