State of Florida, Office of the Attorney General
(813) 287-7900 (Criminal Appeals Division and Victims Services)
(813) 287-7950 (Economic Crimes Division)
(813) 287-7930 (Eminent Domain Section)
(813) 287-7920 (Lemon Law)
(813) 287-7940 (Medicaid Fraud Control Unit)
(813) 287-7960 (Statewide Prosecution)
Consider the following:
Comfort Level - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
Credentials - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
Cost - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
City - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?