Current Employment Position(s)
Attorney Paul Lesko is the head of the Simmons Firm Intellectual Property Department. Paul focuses his practice on helping inventors and small businesses develop and maintain an equal footing in the marketplace by enforcing their intellectual property rights against companies that infringe those rights.
Paulâs cases have taken on entire industries, including the financial, telecommunications and electronic voting industries. He has represented clients against some of the worldâs largest companies, including Google, Apple, Visa and Cisco.
Paul represents clients nationwide and has obtained millions of dollars in settlements on their behalf, including litigation in California, Delaware, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nebraska, New York, Texas and throughout Illinois and arguing before the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit in Washington, D.C.
Paul's IP practice has involved a wide range of technologies, including Internet, computer software, electronic voting, telecommunications, financial, welding, sports protective, hunting, clothing, transgenic biotechnologies, and a wide-variety of chemical related technologies.
Prior to working with the Simmons Firm, Paul worked for a large, defense firm where he defended companies against allegations of intellectual property infringement, counseled companies on how to avoid infringement claims or, where necessary, invalidate patents asserted against them. Paul now utilizes this unique insight on behalf of holders of intellectual property to assist start-ups, small companies, inventors and authors in obtaining settlements and judgments against those who infringe their intellectual property.
Paul's technical knowledge and experience extends beyond the courtroom. He is also registered to practice before the United States Patent Office and holds degrees in Biochemistry and Honors Biology. Paul has discussed intellectual property issues in newspapers, journals, on the Internet and on the radio.
Areas of Practice
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Intellectual Property
- Trademarks and Unfair Competition
West Practice Categories
Business & Commercial Law, Litigation & Appeals, Copyrights, Intellectual Property Law, Patents, Trademarks, Unfair Competition
- Illinois, 2006
- Missouri, 2000
- Louisiana, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- Tulane Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana,
- University of Illinois, Champaign, Illinois
Offers Free Initial Consultation
- Regular Guest on "The Law in Your Life", Radio Program on KTRS 550AM (St. Louis, MO)
- Attack of the Clones... and the Issues of Clones, The Columbia Science and Technology Law Review, Vol. III, 2002
- Make, Use, Cell, IP Worldwide, August/September, 2000