Goldstein, Richard M.
Richard M. Goldstein, a founding partner of the firm, practiced exclusively as a commercial trial lawyer for 28 years. During that time, he was involved with all types of commercial litigation -- from basic breach of contract claims to international, multi-layered reinsurance disputes -- and represented a true cross section of the business community. He held Florida Bar Board certifications in both Civil and Business Litigation, and tried cases in federal and state courts throughout the United States.
Mr. Goldstein received a Bachelors in Business Administration from the University of Miami in 1972, and graduated from the University of Miami School of Law in December 1974. He initially served as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Florida, before returning to private practice in 1976.
Prior to receiving his degrees, Mr. Goldstein proudly served in the United States Army as a member of the 7th Special Forces from November 1968 to December 1969 and with the 5th Special Forces in Vietnam in 1970. During his service in Vietnam he was awarded, amongst other decorations, two Purple Hearts and three Bronze Stars for Valor.
Mr. Goldstein retired in 2010 and can now be found in Santa Fe, New Mexico as an active member of the Santa Fe Search and Rescue Group.
Areas of Practice
- Litigation 100%
West Practice Categories
Construction Law, Construction Contracts, Construction Liens, Housing & Construction Defects, Employment Law -- Employer, Affirmative Action -- Employer, Americans with Disabilities Act -- Employer, Employee Rights -- Employer, Employment Contracts -- Employer, Employment Discrimination -- Employer, Sexual Harassment -- Employer, Whistleblower -- Employer, Wrongful Termination -- Employer, Insurance Law, Bad Faith Insurance, Errors & Omissions Insurance, Insurance Malpractice, Litigation & Appeals, Bankruptcy Litigation, Complex Litigation, Federal Trial Practice, International Trade Litigation, State Appellate Practice, State Trial Practice, US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, US Supreme Court, Professional Malpractice Law, Legal Malpractice, Other Professionals Malpractice
- Florida, 1975
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1978
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1981
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1976
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 1975
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1976
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1978
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2008
- Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer, Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education, 1983
- Board Certified Business Litigation Lawyer, Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education, 1997
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dade County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida,
J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence
- University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL,