Crane, Neil R.
Year Joined Organization: 1983
Attorney Neil Crane has been practicing as one of Connecticut's leading providers of Chapter 7, 11 and 13 bankruptcy relief and has been for over 25 years. Attorney Neil Crane is passionate about saving peoples homes from foreclosure and has handled over 10,000 cases in his career. He is well-known for his ability to think outside the box and craft creative solutions to the most daunting of financial difficulties for individuals and small businesses. Neil enjoys the trust and confidence of his peers, such that many of his referrals come from major law firms due to his specific experience, expertise and dedication to resolving his clients' financial difficulties.
He is a tireless advocate for Connecticut residents overwhelmed by debt; and in fact, has been going to Congress for many years to lobby for consumer rights, while writing extensively on consumer debt issues, including Chapter 7, 11 and 13, and foreclosure defense. Neil has frequently appeared in a variety of news forums locally, nationally, and internationally, to address the current mortgage crisis. Along with some of his clients, Neil has been featured in the Sunday New York Times Business section. He has been interviewed by the BBC and Swiss television, informing Europeans on the issues of mortgage defaults and the proliferation of consumer debt throughout the European Community.
In addition, Attorney Crane has been a guest speaker at numerous Connecticut Bar Association Continuing Legal Education Seminars and has been invited to speak before many other local and national professional organizations.
Attorney Neil Crane is a graduate of Emory University and the University Of Connecticut School Of Law. He has been a member of the Connecticut Bar Association since 1983. Attorney Crane specializes in consumer bankruptcy and business reorganizations under Chapter Chapters 7, 11, and 13 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code, and is known for his overwhelming preparation and persistence on behalf of his clients.
Frequent Case Types
Read more about the types of cases I often handle.
Areas of Practice
- Consumer Bankruptcy
- Business Reorganizations
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
West Practice Categories
- Connecticut, 1983
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1983
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1991
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1991
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association, The Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section
- The National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- The National Association of Consumer Advocates
- The American Bankruptcy Institute
- The National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
- The Connecticut Better Business Bureau
Classes and Seminars
- PASPA Northeast Regional Meeting (Accountants), 2008
- "Bankruptcy as an Alternative to Foreclosure", CBA Seminar, 2008
- "Helping Homeowners in Financial Distress ? The Chapter 13 Solution", CLE Seminar , 2008
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia