Jamie Class is a special counsel in the firm's Transactional Department and Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring Practice Group. Ms. Class is a member of the firm’s Cleantech and Energy Group and Debt Finance Group. She joined the firm in 1992.
Ms. Class concentrates her practice on advising clients on secured and unsecured debt financing transactions, out of court work-outs, commercial law and Chapter 11 reorganizations. She has extensive experience in representing publicly traded and privately held borrowers and lenders in structuring, negotiating and closing complex debt financing transactions. Ms. Class advises clients in structuring and negotiating credit facilities, including the private placement and public offering of debt securities. In addition, Ms. Class represents clients on corporate and debt restructurings matters and the purchase and sale of assets in and out of bankruptcy.
Ms. Class advises clients in a range of industries, including biotechnology, emerging energy technology, financial services, real estate investment, health care, retail and manufacturing. Ms. Class has extensive experience in the emerging technology industry, having represented clean technology clients and other clients in project financing transactions, bond issuances, governmental incentive financing programs, Chapter 11 cases and consensual debt restructurings, as well as in acquisitions and divestitures of interests.
- Represented clients in project financings of manufacturing facilities funded by federal government loan, loan guarantee and grant programs designed to promote alternative energy technology
- Represented a developer of a water desalination plant in the project financing of a desalination facility in Massachusetts
- Represented a developer in connection with a tax advantaged sale leaseback financing facility in the amount of up to $75 million to finance solar photovoltaic projects, and in the negotiation of the related site lease, power purchase agreements and project documents
- Represented a public company in receiving state incentive loans to finance the build out of a clean energy research and development facility
- Represented the first lien agent and a committee of secured first lien bondholders in the out of court restructuring of a leading commodities broker
- Advised a publicly traded recycling company in the restructuring of its senior secured, second lien and subordinated indebtedness
- Represented a public company in connection with the issuance of $25 million of solid waste revenue bonds by the Finance Authority of Maine to finance its development and construction of solid waste disposal facilities
- Represented a carbon trading company in the financing of international carbon trading projects
- Represented an emerging technology company in the issuance of an institutional credit facility and in the private placement of secured and unsecured bonds
- Represented a secured creditor in connection with the Chapter 11 restructuring of the debt of a biofuel company
- Advised clients in connection with letters of credit and other credit support arrangements
- Represented clients in operating and capitalized lease facilities
- Over the last year, advised a wide range of clients as creditors and debtors in negotiating new debt facilities and in restructuring existing capital arrangements in transactions aggregating approximately $2.0 billion
Ms. Class is a member of the American Bar Association, the Massachusetts Bar Association and the Boston Bar Association.