Zigray, Daniel F.
work1715 Indian Wood Circle
Contact Us Other websites associated with this firm:www.avvo.com/attorneys/43537-oh-daniel-zigray-579981.html
Daniel F. Zigray is the principal attorney for The Zigray Law Office, LLC. The focus of his law practice for many years has been probate litigation. He is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio since 1991 and became a partner in the firm that came to be Kolb & Zigray. He opened the suburban Toledo law practice of The Zigray Law Office, LLC to be more accessible and to allow his clients to avoid the hassle of going downtown. The Zigray Law Office, LLC is located in the Arrowhead Park Business Community in Maumee, Ohio.
Early in his career Daniel was a prosecutor where he gained valuable experience in trial practice, successfully taking many cases to trial during that time. Now, Daniel’s practice is exclusively in the areas of Contesting Wills and Trusts, Estate and Inheritance Disputes, Misuse and Abuse of Power of Attorney cases, Claims against Executors and other Fiduciaries, and other matters litigated in the Probate Courts in the State of Ohio. Most of these cases he handles on a percentage or “contingency fee” basis.
Daniel has handled Will Contests and other probate litigation claims in many of the different Probate Courts throughout Ohio. He has literally had cases from the east state line (Jefferson County) to the west state line (Williams County) and from the north state line (Lucas County) down to the central/southern part of the state (Clark County and Montgomery County) and many other jurisdictions in between. He has extensive experience in all phases of litigating contested probate matters from the filing of the initial pleadings, through discovery and depositions, and also taking these cases to trial in front of a jury.
Since 2002, Daniel has been a regular speaker on topics related to Probate Litigation at the monthly meetings of the Probate Committee of the Toledo Bar Association and has also planned and spoken at seminars on probate litigation topics for the Ohio Bar Association CLE Institute.
Areas of Practice
- Will Contests
- Trust Contests
- Farm Estate/Inheritance Disputes
- Probate Litigation
- Inheritance Disputes
- Power of Attorney Misuse and Abuse
- Fiduciary Litigation
- Guardianship Litigation
- Trial and Appellate Practice
West Practice Categories
Elder Law, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Powers of Attorney and Appointment, Trusts, Wills, Litigation & Appeals, Probate & Estate Administration
- Ohio, 1991
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1992
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ohio State Bar Association, Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law Section (Member)
- Toledo Bar Association (Member, Probate Committee)
- Lucas County (Member)
- Ohio Bar Association (Member)
Classes and Seminars
- Course Planner, "Ohio Probate Litigation", Ohio CLE Institute, 2007
- Lecturer, "Will Contests" and "Ohio Probate Litigation Case Law Update", Ohio CLE Institute, 2007
- Lecturer, "Probate Litigation Overview", District Five Annual Meeting, 2007
- Speaker, "Probate Litigation Case Law Update", Toledo Bar Association Probate Committee, Monthly Meetings, 2002 - Present
- University of Toledo College of Law, Toledo, Ohio,
- University of Toledo, College of Business Administration, Toledo, Ohio,
Offers Free Initial Consultation
1715 Indian Wood Circle
Maumee, OH 43537
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our West Legal Directory disclaimers. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.