"Southern California Super Lawyer for Employment Litigation-Plaintiff"
"2008 Orange County Trial Lawyer Employment Lawyer of the Year"
"2012 Daily Journal Top 75 Labor and Employment Lawyers in California"
Mr. Robinson ("Robby") was born in Queens, New York in 1956. His father and brother were career NYPD Blue. Robby grew up in Queens and attended Chaminade High School on Long Island. He later settled in California after being stationed at the former U.S. Marine Corps Air Station at El Toro in Orange County, California. Robby began his legal career as a Judge Advocate (JAG lawyer) in the United States Marine Corps. In addition to his leadership training and experience as a Marine officer, Robby tried many evidentiary hearings including misdemeanor and felony trials and an array of administrative proceedings.
Robby began his career as a civil litigator in 1984 when he went to work for the national law firm of Thelen, Marrin, Johnson & Bridges (now Thelen Reid Brown Raysman & Steiner LLP). Robby later joined the regional law firm of Kindel & Anderson (about one hundred lawyers) where he made partner. Robby opened his own practice in 1991, and was later joined by a respected colleague and fellow Marine Warren B. Campbell. Robby and Warren practiced together as Robinson & Campbell for over 11 years.
Robby primarily represents people with claims related to their employment, business disputes, and selected types of personal injuries. He most often represents individuals and small to medium companies against larger companies.
He has pursued these types of claims through all phases of litigation and alternative dispute resolution including negotiation, mediation, arbitration, state and federal jury trials and appeals. This is a sample of the types of cases Robby has handled:
- Severance agreement consultation and negotiation.
- Key employee representation and claims for breach of written employment contracts, stock option contracts, and other benefits, in both public and non-public corporations.
- Wrongful termination of employment in retaliation for objecting to unlawful discrimination.
- Sexual harassment in employment.
- Unlawful discrimination and harassment.
- Unlawful wage practices relating to unpaid overtime, improper job classifications as exempt from overtime, and other Labor Code violations.
- Physicians, Dentists and other medical professional with contractual, group or employment issues.
- Victims of violence in the workplace.
- Employees terminated based on false claims of good cause or misconduct.
- Wage and Hour.
- Class Actions.
- Wage and Hour, multiple employee lawsuits.
- Class Action opt-outs.
- Whistleblower claims.
- Partnership disputes over management, accounting, dissolution, and fiduciary duties.
- Breach of all kinds of contracts.
- Unfair competition.
- Fraud and interference with business relations.
- Recovery of prevailing party attorneys fees and costs.