Wyde, Hon. Dan
work3131 Turtle Creek Boulevard
Contact Us Other websites associated with this firm:www.wydelaw.com
Dan Wyde graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a Bachelors of Business Administration in Finance in 1985. Judge Wyde graduated from the University of Houston Law Center with a Doctor of Jurisprudence in 1990, where he placed first in the school's mock trial competition and was named Best Oralist.
Since 2000, Judge Dan Wyde has been a Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. From 1990 to 1997 Mr. Wyde served as an Assistant District Attorney in Dallas County, Texas. During his time as a trial court prosecutor he was lead counsel in 75 jury trials and 75 bench trials. He developed expertise in drug and controlled substance law, child abuse and sex crimes, white collar crimes and intoxication offenses.
In 1997 Dan was appointed by the Dallas County Commissioners Court to complete the unfinished term of another judge. Judge Wyde was elected to the bench in 1998 and re-elected in 2002. He presided over County Criminal Court No. 3 until December 2005, when he resigned to run for District Attorney. During this time Judge Wyde presided over 500 jury trials and 500 non-jury trials. He was appealed approximately 100 times and was affirmed in 99 cases.
Former Judge Wyde is a member of the Texas Bar Association - Judicial and Criminal Law Sections and a former Advisory Member to the Committee on Rules of Professional Conduct. A member of the Dallas Bar Association's Judicial Committee, Criminal Justice Section and Bench/Bar Committee.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Drug and Controlled Substance Law
- Child Abuse and Sex Crimes
- White Collar Crimes and Intoxication Offenses
West Practice Categories
Child Custody, Criminal Defense, Drugs & Medical Devices, Sexual Abuse, White Collar Crimes
- Texas, 1990
- Certified Criminal Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2000
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Texas State Bar College (Sustaining Member)
- Texas Association of County Court at Law Judges (Former Member)
- State Bar of Texas, Criminal Law Section (Member)
- Dallas Bar Association (Judiciary Committee)
- Assistant District Attorney (Lead Counsel)
- Dallas County (Former Assistant District Attorney)
- Member (Texas Bar Association - Judicial and Criminal Law Sections)
- Committee on Rules of Professional Conduct (Former Advisory Member)
- Member (Dallas Bar Association's Judicial Committee, Criminal Justice Section and Bench/Bar Committee.)
Past Employment Positions
- Texas Association of County Court at Law Judges, Former Member
- Dallas County, Texas, Assistant District Attorney
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas,
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas,
Offers Free Initial Consultation
Accepts Credit Cards
3131 Turtle Creek Boulevard
Dallas, TX 75219-5438
Monday - Friday 9 AM - 5:30 PM; Sat. & Sun. by appointment only
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our West Legal Directory disclaimers. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.