Koch, Steven A.
Current Employment Position(s)
Steven A. Koch was born in July of 1963 in Madison Wisconsin. Steve graduated from the University of Wisconsin in 1986 with honors with a Bachelor of Science Degree. He graduated in 1989 from the University of Wisconsin with his Juris Doctorate. Upon leaving law school, he joined the firm as an associate and in 1992 he became a partner. He is a member of the Walworth County Bar Association, the State Bar of Wisconsin, the American Bar Association (A.B.A.), and the American Association of Justice. He belongs to the Criminal Justice Section of both the State Bar and the A.B.A
Steven has won a case before the Wisconsin Supreme Court, State v. Harris, 2004 WI 64. Steve has also argued before the Wisconsin Supreme Court in State v. Armstrong, 223 Wis.2d 331 (1999). In addition, he has successfully handled appeals in State v. Gerald L.C., 194 Wis.2d 548 (Ct. App 1995), and State v. Harris, 2003 WI App 144.
The Wisconsin Court of Appeals also adopted the argument Steve set forth at the trial court level, and reversed the trial court in State v. Richard A.P., 223 Wis.2d 777 (Ct. App 1998), and In re the Interest of Terry T., 2002 WI App 81.
Between 2001 and 2010, Steve has obtained over $4,000,000 in personal injury settlements for his clients. In July of 2002, he obtained a judgment of over $4,000,000, one of the largest in Walworth County history.
Steve recently became a certified divorce mediator.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Civil Litigation
- State v. Richard A.P., 223 Wis.2d 777 (Ct. App 1998)
- State v. Richard A.P., Interest of Terry T. (WI App 81. 2002)
- State v. Armstrong, 223 Wis.2d 331 (1999)
- State v. Gerald L.C., 194 Wis.2d 548 (Ct. App 1995)
- State v. Harris, WI App 144. (2003)
- State v. Harris , (WI 64 2004)
West Practice Categories
Criminal Defense, Divorce, Family Law, Litigation & Appeals, Personal Injury, State, Local & Municipal Law
- Certified Divorce Mediator
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Walworth County Bar Association (Member)
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Criminal Justice Section (Member)
- American Bar Association, Criminal Justice Section (Member)
- American Association of Justice (Member)
- University of Wisconsin Law School, Madison, Wisconsin,
- University of Wisconsin,
Honors: With Honors
Offers Free Initial Consultation
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our West Legal Directory disclaimers. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.