Richards, Andrew D.
Andy is member and former President of the Northeastern Michigan Estate Planning Council (1996-1997). He also served as the charter president of the Mid-Michigan Planned Giving Council (1995-1996). Andy is a member of the Probate and Estate Planning and Business Law Sections of the Michigan Bar Association. He also serves on the Board of Directors for the Saginaw Valley State University Foundation and the St. Mary's Medical Center Foundation, and as an Instructor for the Saginaw Valley State University Certified Financial Planner Education Program. He is an Adjunct Professor in the Business Law Department at Saginaw Valley State University.
West Practice Categories
Business Organizations, Estate Planning, Real Estate, Tax, Trusts
- Michigan, 1984
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Northeastern Estate Planning Council, 1996 - 1997 (President)
- Mid-Michigan Planned Giving Council, 1995 - 1996 (President)
- Saginaw Valley State University Foundation (Present Board Member)
- St. Mary's Medical Center Foundation (Present Board Member)
- Saginaw Area JayCees, 1988 - 1989 (President)
- Michigan Bar Association, Probate and Estate Planning and Business Law Sections (Member)
- Saginaw Valley State University Foundation (Board of Directors)
Classes and Seminars
- Adjunct Professor, Business Law Department, Saginaw Valley State University
Past Employment Positions
- United States Senate, U.S. Senator Dan Quayle, Indiana, Staff Assistant, 1981 - 1982
- United States Department of Agriculture, Office of General Counsel, Law Clerk, 1982 - 1983
- United States Department of Transportation, The Federal Railroad Administration, Office of Chief Counsel, Law Clerk, 1983 - 1984
- Smith & Brooker, P.C., Associate Attorney, 1984 - 1990
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Washington, District of Columbia,
- Walsh College, Troy, Michigan,
Masters in Taxation
- Hillsdale College, Hillsdale, Michigan,
A.B., Economics & Business Administration/U.S. History
- Richard J. Pomeroy, Frankenmuth Insurance Company
- John Kunitzer, CEO, Yeo & Yeo, Certified Public Accountants
- Andrew J. Bethune, CEO, Saginaw Valley State University Foundation
- Alan P. Nuechterlein, Oppenheimer & Co.
- David M. Shooltz, V.P., Fifth Third Bank
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our West Legal Directory disclaimers. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.