Pribanic, Victor H.
Victor H. Pribanic is the founding member of the firm, a Pittsburgh based regional trial practice firm. He is a graduate of Bowling Green State University and Duquesne University School of Law. He began his career as an Assistant District Attorney in Pittsburgh and founded the present firm in 1984.
Victor has tried and settled a variety of civil tort claims and occasionally represents clients in criminal matters in the United States District and State Courts.
Recent notable verdicts include a $103 million accounting malpractice verdict, a $2.2 million defamation verdict in the State of New Jersey, a $1.175 million products liability verdict against General Motors and in February of 2007, he recovered the largest and first significant medical malpractice Plaintiff’s verdict in Butler County, Pennsylvania, in which the jury awarded $600,000.00 for the death of a stillborn infant.
A significant portion of his current practice is devoted to medical negligence and drug defect claims in which he has been able to obtain numerous seven and eight figure verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients in a wide variety of medical matters.
He is a frequent speaker in the area of trial methods generally and within the medical negligence area.
Victor has been a life long member of the American Association for Justice (formerly the American Trial Lawyers Association), the Pennsylvania Association of Trial Lawyers, the Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County and a variety of other professional organizations.
Victor is a native of McKeesport, Pennsylvania and can usually be found when he is not in the courtroom (depending on the season), wandering around the country with his bird dogs or knee deep in a trout stream with a fly rod.
- $103 million verdict – Accounting Negligence / Fraud
- $21 million settlement – Product Liability / Medical and Hospital Malpractice
- $8 million settlement – Product Liability / Medical and Hospital Malpractice
- $5.8 million settlement – Automobile Accident
- $5 million settlement – Product Liability / Defective Design
- $2.2 million verdict – Defamation / U-5 Defamation / Fraud / Intentional Interference with Contract
- Numerous million dollar+ confidential medical malpractice settlements and verdicts
Frequent Case Types
Read more about the types of cases I often handle.
Areas of Practice
- Automobile Defects
- Birth Injuries
- Business Litigation and Employment Issues
- Civil Trials and Arbitrations
- Criminal Law and Trials
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability and Defective Products
- Medical Malpractice
West Practice Categories
Business & Commercial, Criminal Defense, Employment, Employment Law -- Employer, Litigation & Appeals, Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury, Products Liability, Birth Injury
- Pennsylvania, 1979
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 1979
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County
- American Association for Justice
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Pittsburgh's Product Liability Litigator of the Year, 2010
- The Best Lawyers in America, Product Liability and Medical Malpractice, 2010
- Nominated to the American College of Trial Lawyers, 2010
- Admitted to the International Society of Barristers, 2010
- Member, The Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County
- AV Martindale Hubbell Rated
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, 2004 - 2013
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Top 50 Pittsburgh Super Lawyers, 2011-2012
Classes and Seminars
- Lecturer, Trial Practices and Medical Malpractice
Past Employment Positions
- Pribanic & Pribanic, Founding Member, 1987 - 2008
- Honorable Ronald A. Doyle, Sole Practitioner and Law Clerk, 1980 - 1982
- Allegheny County, Assistant District Attorney, 1980 - 1982
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania,
- Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio,
Honors: cum laude
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our West Legal Directory disclaimers. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.