Cravens, Christopher D.
Current Employment Position(s)
Attorney at Law
Burrow & Cravens, P.C.: January 2002 - Present
85 percent of practice involves construction related arbitration, mediation, litigation, and counseling, representing contractors, utility contractors, subcontractors, architects, engineers, land surveyors, and school systems.
Lewis, King, Krieg & Waldrop, P.C., Nashville, 1999-2002. Senior associate in firm's construction law practice group, representing contractors, utility contractors, subcontractors, architects, engineers, land surveyors and school systems.
State of Tennessee, Department of Commerce and Insurance: Division of Regulatory Boards, Nashville, 1994-1999. General Counsel to Board for Licensing Contractors, Board of Examiners for Land Surveyors, and Blasting Division of the State Fire Marshal. Prosecuted contested case hearings involving license revocations, suspensions and denials; conducted rule-making hearings; and drafted and tracked legislation involving agencies.
U.S. Department of Energy. Oak Ridge, 1990-1994.
In-house lawyer, involved in all areas of regulatory compliance related to hazardous waste clean-up, removal and remediation.
Areas of Practice
- Construction Related Arbitration
West Practice Categories
Construction Law, Real Estate Law
- Tennessee, 1992
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Nashville Bar Association (Member)
- Tennessee Bar Association (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Construction Industry Forum of American Bar Association (Member)
- Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc. (Member)
- The Associated General Contractors of America (Member)
- Tennessee Association of Professional Surveyors (Member)
Past Employment Positions
- Lewis, King, Krieg, Waldrop, P.C., Senior Associate, Construction Law Practice Group, 1999 - 2002
- State of Tennessee, Department of Commerce and Insurance, Div. of Regulatory Boards, General Counsel to Board for Licensing Contractors, Board of Examiners for Land Surveyors, Blasting Division of the State Fire Marshal, 1999 - 2002
- U.S. Department of Energy, Oak Ridge, In-House Lawyer, 1990 - 1994
- State of Tennessee, Department of Commerce and Insurance, Division of Regulatory Boards
- University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, Tennessee,
J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro, Tennessee,
B.S., Bachelor of Science
Major: Political Science
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our West Legal Directory disclaimers. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.