Truck Failure to Stop Collisions Lawyer in Chicago, IL
Chicago, IL 60601-1609312-629-2900Firm Website For:Truck Failure to Stop Collisions Lawyer in Chicago, IL
Truck Failure to Stop Collisions Overview
Truck Accidents – Failure to Stop
Highways and intersections are common places for a truck accident to occur. When merging onto interstates or while driving down busy city streets, it is difficult for semi trucks to be able to stop quickly to avoid an accident. Although each case is unique, three common problems contribute to truck-car collisions, particularly those in which a truck has failed to stop.
- Driver negligence — A driver may not see posted stop signs or stoplights that are lower to the ground or perhaps does not know local state laws governing right of way. He or she could also have a history of reckless driving, leading to potential accidents caused by running a red light, failing to yield when merging, or speeding.
- Trucking company negligence — Trucking companies are responsible for making sure their drivers adhere to federal trucking regulations, including monitoring log books that document number of hours worked. A driver that is overworked, driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or under tight deadlines may feel the need to speed and cut corners, which could result in failure to stop accidents.
- Mechanical failure — When routine maintenance checks are not issued, brake failure and other mechanical problems could cause a truck to rear-end smaller vehicles.
If you have been injured in a truck accident, perhaps at an intersection or through a failure to give right of way, you need a personal injury lawyer to help you get compensation for personal and property damage.
The attorneys of McNabola Law Group, have more than 25 years of experience representing clients in the Chicago, Illinois, metro area who have been in truck failure to stop collisions. Contact our firm today by calling 312-629-2900 or toll free at 1-800-704-2900 to schedule your free initial consultation.
Other Frequent Case Types
Read more about other types of cases we often handle.
- Birth Injury in Chicago, IL
- Cancer Misdiagnosis in Chicago, IL
- Infant Cerebral Palsy in Chicago, IL
- Scaffolding Accident in Chicago, IL
- Spinal Cord Injury in Chicago, IL
- Truck Highway Collisions in Chicago, IL
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury?Plaintiff
- Truck Accidents--Plaintiff
McNabola Law Group Attorneys
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our West Legal Directory disclaimers. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.