Police Brutality Lawyers in Chicago, IL
Police Brutality Overview
Chicago Police Brutality Lawyers
They are supposed to protect and serve, but some police officers cross the line. When an officer uses unnecessary violence on a detained individual, committing needless harm, the victim can seek compensation for financial losses and emotional distress.
Cavanagh Law Group in Chicago, Illinois, aggressively pursues compensation and justice for victims of police brutality. We are experienced trial advocates who stand up for our clients’ rights when they have been mistreated by governmental authorities. Our team of attorneys and legal professionals has a strong record of accomplishment, having won hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of injured people and the families of wrongful death victims.
"In a police misconduct case, a surprising amount of evidence can often be collected. Our firm will seek out all evidence, including police reports, depositions from police and medical personnel and other sources. We will work to build a strong case for you." – Tim Cavanagh
Our attorneys act quickly in every case to initiate legal action and preserve evidence. This is particularly important in police misconduct cases to ensure that law enforcement personnel do not have the opportunity to close ranks in cases involving alleged brutality. In addition to reviewing all police video evidence, we will actively seek out witnesses and other evidence including cellphone video and photos taken by bystanders. Cavanagh Law Group will work painstakingly to build a strong and successful case designed to obtain maximum compensation and justice for the victim.
For a free case evaluation with a lawyer at Cavanagh Law Group, call us at 312-425-1900.
Other Frequent Case Types
Read more about other types of cases we often handle.
- Bicycle Accidents in Chicago, IL
- Bike Lane Accidents in Chicago, IL
- Birth Injuries in Chicago, IL
- Catastrophic Injuries in Chicago, IL
- Chronic Pain Injury in Chicago, IL
- Distracted Driving Accidents in Chicago, IL
- Industrial Equipment Accidents in Chicago, IL
- Nursing Home Pressure Sore Injuries in Chicago, IL
- OSHA Violations in Chicago, IL
- Police Chase Accidents in Chicago, IL
- Taxi Accidents in Chicago, IL
- Train Accidents in Chicago, IL
Areas of Practice
- Police Brutality
- Personal Injury ? Plaintiff
- Civil Rights