Nursing Home Bedsores Attorneys in Chicago, IL
Nursing Home Bedsores Overview
Individuals trust the care and attention of their elderly loved ones to the staff and management of nursing homes. When these organizations are negligent in their care, serious illnesses and conditions can arise. If your elderly loved one has suffered from bedsores or other conditions while in a nursing home, it is important to contact a skilled Chicago attorney at Steinberg, Goodman & Kalish.
Bedsores, also known as decubitus ulcers or pressure ulcers, can result from a number of situations. The single most important way to prevent the outbreak of bedsores is to ensure that a wheelchair-bound or bedridden patient is repositioned at regular intervals. Many nursing homes have policies in place to ensure the movement of residents at least once every two hours. Unfortunately, this does not occur due to understaffing, negligent workers or inattentive supervisors. When bedsores form, they can cause irreparable damage to the skin, muscle, connective tissue and bones. These open sores can also lead to infection and, in the most extreme situations, death.
It is wise to contact a skilled attorney at the Chicago law firm of Steinberg, Goodman & Kalish as soon as possible. We will listen to the facts of your case and provide legal advice about how best to proceed.
Other Frequent Case Types
Read more about other types of cases we often handle.
- Bicycle Accident in Chicago, IL
- Bus Accident in Chicago, IL
- Crane Accident in Chicago, IL
- Distracted Driving Accident in Chicago, IL
- Drunk Driving Accident in Chicago, IL
- Falling Debris in Chicago, IL
- Falls Protection in Chicago, IL
- Nursing Home Abuse in Chicago, IL
- Nursing Home Dehydration and Malnutrition in Chicago, IL
- Nursing Home Falls and Fractures in Chicago, IL
- Passenger Injury in Chicago, IL
- Pedestrian Accident in Chicago, IL
- Premises Liability in Chicago, IL
- Scaffolding Accident in Chicago, IL
- Third-Party Liability in Chicago, IL
- Wandering and Elopement in Chicago, IL
Areas of Practice
- Nursing Home Bedsores
- Personal Injury