Paul Lesko - Alton, IL
Paul Lesko Overview
Attorney Paul Lesko is a shareholder in the firm's Complex Litigation Department. Paul focuses his practice on helping inventors and small businesses develop and maintain an equal footing in the marketplace by enforcing their intellectual property rights against companies that infringe those rights.
Paul's cases have taken on entire industries, including the financial, telecommunications and electronic voting industries. He has represented clients against some of the world's largest companies, including Google, Apple, Visa and Cisco.
Paul represents clients nationwide and has obtained millions of dollars in settlements on their behalf, including litigation in California, Delaware, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nebraska, New York, Texas and throughout Illinois and arguing before the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit in Washington, D.C.
Paul's IP practice has involved a wide range of technologies, including Internet, computer software, electronic voting, telecommunications, financial, welding, sports protective, hunting, clothing, transgenic biotechnologies, and a wide-variety of chemical related technologies.
Prior to working with the Simmons firm, Paul worked for a large, defense firm where he defended companies against allegations of intellectual property infringement, counseled companies on how to avoid infringement claims or, where necessary, invalidate patents asserted against them. Paul now utilizes this unique insight on behalf of holders of intellectual property to assist start-ups, small companies, inventors and authors in obtaining settlements and judgments against those who infringe their intellectual property.
Paul's technical knowledge and experience extends beyond the courtroom. He is also registered to practice before the United States Patent Office and holds degrees in Biochemistry and Honors Biology. Paul has discussed intellectual property issues in newspapers, journals, on the Internet and on the radio.
- Intellectual Property
Current Employment Position(s)
- Illinois, 2006
- Missouri, 2000
- Louisiana, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2000
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- “Law of Cards” Column, Cardboard Connection, 2011 - Present
- Intellectual Property Group of AAJ, 2012 - 2013 (Chair)
- Intellectual Property Group of AAJ, 2011 (Vice-Chair)
- Tulane Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana,
- University of Illinois, Champaign, Illinois
Pro Bono Activities
- Of Fathers, Sons, Baseball Cards, and Intellectual Property, IP Law & Business, 2009
- EchoStar Runs Afoul of Tivo’s Video Patents, New York Times, 2006
- Could a Patent Lawsuit Stop the Xbox 360?, PC Word, 2006
- Ballot Boxing: Patent Fight over E-Voting Inventor Comes Back from the Dead
- Microsoft Patent Claims Hint at Internal Issues
Other Sources of Feedback About Paul Lesko
Included on the 2014 Illinois list
- 2013 Illinois Super Lawyers list
- 2012 Illinois Super Lawyers list
- 2011 Illinois Super Lawyers list
- 2010 Illinois Super Lawyers list
- 2009 Illinois Super Lawyers list
- Recognized by Super Lawyers magazine, Rising Star, 2009 - 2013
Regular Guest on "The Law in Your Life", Radio Program on KTRS 550AM (St. Louis, MO)
Attack of the Clones... and the Issues of Clones, The Columbia Science and Technology Law Review, Vol. III, 2002
Make, Use, Cell, IP Worldwide, August/September, 2000
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our West Legal Directory disclaimers. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.