Jennifer Modell - Pittsburgh, PA
Jennifer Modell Overview
Attorney Jennifer Modell graduated with honors from the University of Chicago in 1985 with a degree in linguistics. She obtained a J.D. from Northwestern University School of Law in 1991 where she was on the Dean's list. She is licensed to practice in all Pennsylvania State and Federal Courts, New York State, and in any Social Security Court throughout the United States.
Attorney Modell has been working with disabled clients since 2005 and has represented social security claimants in hearings before Administrative Law Judges, at the Appeals Council and in Federal District Court. She currently focuses her practice in Social Security Disability and Veteran's Benefits.
Attorney Modell has also practiced in the fields of criminal defense, immigration and civil rights law. In addition, Attorney Modell headed the Rhode Island Disability Law Center's Brain Injury Project and was instrumental in developing legislation to fund services for individuals with traumatic brain injuries. She also taught Immigration Law and Business Law courses at the Long Island University of New York.
She is a member of the Allegheny County Bar Association Social Security Practitioners Committee and the National Organization of Social Security Representatives (NOSSCR). Ms. Modell is a passionate and committed advocate for disabled people. Her clients appreciate her compassion and perseverance in pursuing their Social Security Disability claims.
Frequent Case Types
Read more about the types of cases I often handle.
- Social Security Disability (SSD)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veteran's Benefits
- New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association (Social Security Practitioners' Committee)
- National Organization of Social Security Representatives (NOSSCR)
- Northwestern University School of Law, Chicago, Illinois,
- University of Chicago,
Classes and Seminars
- Immigration Law, Long Island University, New York
- Business Law, Long Island University, New York
- Pro-Bono Seminars, Williams University School of Law, Rhode Island
20 Stanwix Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-4802
866-466-5789 (Toll Free)
Offers Free Initial Consultation
Careers in Criminal Justice, Encyclopedia of Crime and Justice, Vol 1
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our West Legal Directory disclaimers. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.