David S. Cade - Washington, DC
David S. Cade Overview
"I entered the practice of law to help people, and I learned early that you can't help unless you understand the client and the problem. So my practice is to find practical business based solutions."
David Cade is a natural and creative problem solver who understands the unique challenges facing our health care industry. Always calm and steady, David has represented clients before Congress, State governments, Federal and State agencies, national associations, and in Federal courts. David brings deep industry experience and a broad background in government programs and health care delivery systems to assist Polsinelli clients in navigating the dramatic changes in health care.
As the highest ranking career official in the Office of the General Counsel of the United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), David joined Polsinelli in November, 2013. Since 1999, David had served as both the Deputy General Counsel and Acting General Counsel for HHS. He also served as the Director of the Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services' Family and Children's Health Programs Group and Acting Deputy Director of the Medicaid Bureau.
Clients will benefit from his unique perspectives around issues involving fraud and abuse, compliance, corporate governance and management, budgeting and finance, health insurance coverage, quality and patient centered care delivery, cyber security, risk management, and the development of numerous eligibility policies and demonstrations. David advises clients on issues surrounding the intersection of policy and health care business issues, collaborating closely with attorneys across the firm's Health Care and Public Policy practices.
- Top Ranking Attorney with U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Joins Polsinelli,
November 6, 2013
- Health Care
Current Employment Position(s)
- Pennsylvania, 1993
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- American Health Lawyers Association, Board member
- University of Maryland School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland,
- College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA,
Classes and Seminars
- Frequent presenter on topics, Fraud and Abuse, Compliance and Corporate Governance, Long Term Care Initiatives, Quality and Cultural Competence, Diversity, Eligibility and Outreach, Presidential Transitions, Government Contracting, Employment and Personnel Law, Leadership and Management Principles
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our West Legal Directory disclaimers. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.