Andrew S. Jacob - Phoenix, AZ
Andrew S. Jacob Overview
Andrew Jacob is an accomplished commercial litigation lawyer, interventional cardiologist, and author. After clerking for the Honorable Barry Silverman on the U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, Andrew joined the firm's complex litigation team. He also earned admission to the U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit.
During his 15-year tenure as a physician, Andrew chaired multiple medical staff committees, actively consulted for the Health Services Advisory Group and the Arizona Medical Board, and served on the board of directors for the Scottsdale PHO.
As an author, Andrew has written several publications and served on the editorial board of a peer review journal. He was also recognized as the Teacher of the Year at Scottsdale Healthcare in 2000, just prior to beginning his legal studies.
- Known by some in the Arizona office as the lawyer's lawyer, Dr. Jacob focuses his practice on the complex legal analysis required by our more difficult cases.
- One of the leading attorneys on a challenging labor union unfair representation case, Dr. Jacob played an integral role in formulating and implementing the successful legal strategy that resulted in a rare plaintiff's win.
- Commercial Litigation
Current Employment Position(s)
- Of Counsel
- Arizona, 2003
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2004
- Arizona Supreme Court, 2003
- State Bar of Arizona, Arizona State Bar Committee On The Rules Of Professional Conduct (Member)
- Arizona Medical Association
- Maricopa County Medical Society
- Arizona State University, Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, Tempe, Arizona,
Honors: magna cum laude
Honors: Judge Mary B. Schroeder Federal Practice Award
Honors: Pedrick Scholar
Honors: Order of the Coif
Honors: Center Scholar (Center for Law, Science, and Technology)
Honors: Outstanding Graduate
- Duke University Medical School,
- University of Massachusetts,
Honors: summa cum laude
- Scottsdale PHO, Board
- Honorable Barry G. Silverman, U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, Clerkships
- U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, 1979 - 1981
- Teacher of the Year at Scottsdale Healthcare, 2000 - Present
- Selected for inclusion in Southwest Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2013
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our West Legal Directory disclaimers. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.