Wyrsch Hobbs & Mirakian, P.C. - Kansas City, MO
Wyrsch Hobbs & Mirakian, P.C. Law Firm Overview
Missouri Trial Lawyers Handling Complex
Civil and Criminal Litigation Nationwide
At Wyrsch Hobbs & Mirakian, P.C., in Kansas City, Missouri, we have been helping people and businesses overcome difficult challenges since our firm's inception more than 30 years ago. While we focus primarily on trial work, we are also skilled in assisting clients at the negotiating table, in the boardroom, before regulatory agencies and in both state and federal appellate courts.
We look forward to assisting our clients in all these ways, and more, for many years to come.
Our Litigation Practice
We offer clients throughout Missouri, Kansas, the Midwest and the entire United States quality advice and representation in the following legal practice areas:
- Business and commercial litigation-We handle civil disputes at all stages, from negotiations and preclaim demands to mediation, arbitration, trial and appeal. Our experience with specific kinds of business and commercial matters includes breach of contract claims, business tort claims, securities litigation, tax litigation, antitrust actions and real estate-related disputes.
- Criminal Defense-We protect the rights of individuals during all phases of criminal cases, including the initial process of investigation, charging, indictments, trial and appeal. Time and again, our criminal defense lawyers have successfully represented clients facing serious felony charges in state and federal courts, including white collar crimes such as fraud and embezzlement, violent crimes, sex crimes, criminal conspiracy and high-level drug crimes, as well as many others accused of lesser infractions and misdemeanors.
- Civil litigation-In addition to our business and commercial litigation practice, we handle civil litigation involving several other areas of the law, including employment law, personal injury, professional liability and eminent domain.
In each of these matters, we provide our clients the experienced and sophisticated representation of a large firm without sacrificing the congeniality and personal contact of a smaller law firm.
We are not just lawyers-we are problem solvers.
Our partners, associates and support staff are all dedicated to one common goal: helping clients find solutions to complex legal problems. To do so, we think creatively, work diligently and never stop fighting for the people we serve.
We also place great importance on our role as counselors-guiding clients through matters involving life-changing decisions and helping them to understand their rights and the legal process so they can fairly balance risks and rewards.
To schedule an initial consultation with an attorney at Wyrsch Hobbs & Mirakian, P.C., contact us online or call our Kansas City law offices directly at 816-221-0080.
Our law firm represents clients throughout the nation and region, including Kansas and Missouri. We are pleased to serve clients from Johnson County (Kansas), Wyandotte County, Overland Park, Olathe, Leawood, Mission, Johnson County (Missouri), Jackson County, Clay County, Cass County, Platte County, North Kansas City, Liberty, Independence, Blue Spring and Lee's Summit.
- Civil Litigation
- White Collar Crime
- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law
- Professional Liability
- 95% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Previous Law Firm Name
- Koenigsdorf, Wyrsch & Ramsey, P.C., 0
- Koenigsdorf & Wyrsch, P.C., December 31, 1991
- Koenigsdorf, Wyrsch & Ramsey, 0
- Koenigsdorf, Kusnetzky & Wyrsch, 0
- Wyrsch Atwell Mirakian Lee & Hobbs, P.C., 0
|Bell, David S.||Keller, Marilyn Brady Managing Shareholder||Rogers, Charles M. Shareholder|
|Drill, Keith E. Shareholder||Mirakian, Christopher||Wyrsch, James R. President|
|Hobbs, James R. Vice President||Mirakian, Stephen G. Vice President|
|Johnston, J. Justin Shareholder||Owings, Nathan J. Associate|
1000 Walnut Street
Kansas City, MO 64106-2140
Offers Free Initial Consultation
Accepts Credit Cards
White Collar Crimes
White collar crimes are typically financial crimes involving various types of fraud, theft or money laundering. Such charges are often filed in federal court.
At the law firm of Wyrsch Hobbs & Mirakian, P.C., we zealously defend the rights of clients facing criminal charges.
Civil & Criminal Appeals
If you have been convicted of a crime, now may be the time to consider a new approach to your legal defense.
Business & Commercial Litigation
Attorneys at Wyrsch Hobbs & Mirakian, P.C., are respected for their proven record of results in the resolution of complex business and commercial disputes, including business torts, breach of contract, partnership disputes, trademark violations, etc.
Securities dealers and brokerage firms are held to a high standard of fiduciary duty for the benefit and protection of their clients.
Co-Author of Missouri Criminal Trial Practice, Harrison Law Books, 1994
Legal Problems of Franchisees and Franchisors, University of Missouri-Kansas City, Continuing Legal Education, 1980
Intrabrand Competition - Pricing Restrictions, published in Legal Problems of Franchisees and Franchisors, a Practical 'Nuts and Bolts' Short Course, UMKC/CLE, 1979
"Franchise Termination, Cancellations and Non-Renewals - Injunctive Relief," Third Annual Franchise Law Seminar, UMKC/CLE, 1981
Co-Author:Considerations in the Use of Evidence Obtained from Experimental Investigation of Speech and Voice: Constitutional and Other Considerations, Annuals of the New York Academy of Sciences, Vol. 606, 119, 1990
Co-Author: Criminal Intent and Due Process, The Champion, Vol. 25, 10, 1991
Co-Author: A Brief Summary of Federal Mail Fraud for Mailing List Users and Suppliers, ML/USA Journal, Pg. 4, July, 1988
Contributing Editor, Missouri Criminal Law "Voir Dire" (co-author) and "Post Trial Motions", Missouri Bar Association, 1977
Post Conviction Remedies (co-author), Missouri Bar Association, 1995
How to Effectively Protect Your Record in Civil Cases - Offers of Proof and Constitutional Questions, University of Missouri-Kansas City, Continuing Legal Education, 1985
Co-Author: The Missouri Mens Rea Requirement: New Missouri Supreme Court Opinion & How the Requirement Has Changed, 66 UMKC L.Rev.3, 1998
- U.S. v. Wells, 519 U.S. 482 (U.S. Mo. 1997)
- U.S. v. Tucor Intern, Inc., 189 F.3d 834 (Cal. 9 1999)
- U.S. v. Burgess, 175 F.3d 1261 (Fla. 11 1999)
- Andrews v. American Tel. & Tel. Co., 95 F.3d 1014 (Ga. 11 1996)
- Mical Communications, Inc. v. Sprint Telemedia, Inc., 1 F.3d 1031 (Kan. 10 1993)
- U.S. V. Goodman, 984 F.2d 235 (Neb. 8 1993)
- Mobile Oil Corp. v. Clark, 62 F.2d 2 (Mo. 8 1981)
- U.S. V. Denmon, 483 F.2d 1093 (Mo. 8 1973)
- Sinclair Oil Corp. v. Dymon, Inc., 988 F. Supp. 1394 (D. Kan. 1997)
- Matter of 636 South 66th Terrace, Kansas City, Kan., 835 F.Supp. 1304 (D. Kan. 1993)