James M. Porfido Attorney at Law, LLC - Morristown, NJ
James M. Porfido Attorney at Law, LLC Law Firm Overview
At the law firm of James M. Porfido, Attorney at Law, in Morristown, New Jersey, we provide experienced and individualized criminal defense services to our clients. If you or a loved one has been charged with a serious crime, our criminal defense attorney, James M. Porfido, will work hard to protect your freedom and your reputation.
We are experienced in defending adults and juveniles against all types of criminal charges, including sex crimes, assault, domestic violence, drug crimes, DWI and other traffic violations, white collar crimes and weapon violations. We also handle post-conviction matters, including municipal appeals and expungements.
We know that your life and reputation are on the line. We will act as your advocate to avoid or minimize the consequences of a criminal conviction. Attorney James M. Porfido has more than 20 years of experience in the criminal justice system. His experience is extensive. He has worked as section chief prosecutor from 1989-1997 in the Morris County prosecutor's office and as a criminal defense attorney. He has been a certified criminal trial attorney, as certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey, since 1995. In addition to his experience, Mr. Porfido has been selected as a Super Lawyer in the New Jersey Monthly Magazine in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011. He understands the system, the participants, the courts and can effectively assert your rights and protect your freedom.
- Criminal Law 100%
- Municipal Court Practice
- Driving While Intoxicated/DUI
- Drug Charges
- Sex Crimes
- Theft Offenses
Pro Bono Activities
- JBWS, 1997 - 1999
|Porfido, James M.|
23 Cattano Avenue
At Chancery Square
Morristown, NJ 07960-7321
Accepts Credit Cards
9:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday
Feedback for Lawyers
|Lawyers at James M. Porfido Attorney at Law, LLC nominated to a Super Lawyers® list|
|Porfido, James M||On a Super Lawyers® List|
Feedback for James M. Porfido Attorney at Law, LLC
- Board of Directors Teresa G. Wright Promise Foundation, 1997 - Present
- Board of Directors D.A.R.E New Jersey, 2002 - Present
- Board of Trustees Hope House Division of Catholic Charities, 1997 - Present
- Board of Trustees New Jersey Crime Victims Law Center, 1999 - Present
- Board of Trustees Morristown Memorial Goryeb Children’s Hospital, Pediatric Phalanthropic, 2008 - Present
- New Jersey Coalition of Crime Victims Dedication & Service Award
- Police Benevolent Association Service Award
- Fraternal Order of Police Achievement Award
- Appreciation Award Essex Sheriff’s Superior Officer Lodge 138, 2003 - Present
- Florence Mass Memorial Award Crime Victims’ Rights Week, 2007 - Present
- Best of New Jersey Award of Excellence, Italian Tribune, 2008 - Present
- New Jersy Super Lawyer, 2007 - 2013
Juvenile delinquency can cause immediate and irreparable harm to your child's future. In certain instances, a juvenile record can interfere with your child's admission to the college of his or her choice and the ability to secure a good job.
Drug charges must be taken seriously. Any conviction could result in serious consequences, including jail time and loss of license. James M. Porfido has worked both as a prosecutor in drug court and now as a drug crimes defense attorney.
Drunk Driving Defense
Drunk driving charges can result in the loss of your license and serious penalties, including jail time. When you have been arrested for drunk driving, you should consult with an attorney to protect your rights and minimize the consequences.
Juvenile Criminal Mischief
When children are charged with criminal mischief, too many parents dismiss it as "kids being kids." What they fail to realize is that a conviction of vandalism and other forms of criminal mischief can have serious repercussions.
White Collar Crimes
Even before you are charged with a crime, investigators will be building a case against you. If you believe that you are under investigation for a white collar crime, contact an attorney as soon as possible to protect your rights.