How Much Is My Case Worth?
If you have been seriously injured or lost a loved one in an accident, one of the first questions you will ask your attorney is: How much is my case worth? You probably won’t get a straight answer right away, but not because the lawyer does not know what he or she is talking about.
At the New York City personal injury law firm of Tolmage, Peskin, Harris, Falick, we want our clients to understand that it may take awhile for an accurate valuation of a case involving severe injuries. We give them an overview of the analysis we will perform on their behalf.
Questions a reputable attorney must answer to know what your case is worth:
1) Is there a case? Before determining damages, an attorney must carefully analyze whether the plaintiff even has a claim.
2) What injuries are involved and what is the patient’s outlook? Severe and permanent damages likely involve higher damages than ones that will fully heal.
3) The unique situation of the victim and family. Will the plaintiff’s entire career be impacted by the injuries? Is the plaintiff a young mother who will no longer be able to care for her children?
4) Who is the defendant? Did the injury occur in a “mom and pop shop” or a global retail giant? It can make a difference in what you actually recover.
5) Does the plaintiff want to settle or go to trial with higher risk, but a potentially higher award? While an experienced attorney will give you guidance on whether an offer is too low, it is ultimately the plaintiff/victim’s decision to settle or go to trial.
The experience of your lawyer can be the difference in whether your injury or wrongful death lawsuit succeeds or fails. The New York law firm of Tolmage, Peskin, Harris, Falick has been helping victims and families for nearly 50 years. We have the experience and resources to get your case the best outcome possible. For a free consultation, call 212-964-1390 or 877-298-3201.
Addition New York Injury Resources:
- How to Sue Someone in New York City
- How to Select the Best Personal Injury Lawyer in New York
- Brooklyn Personal Injury Attorney
- Queens Personal Injury Lawyer
- Bronx Personal Injury Attorney
- Long Island Personal Injury Attorney
- Medical Malpractice
- Slip and Fall
Tolmage, Peskin, Harris, Falick is a New York law firm with over 50 years of personal injury experience.How to Choose an Attorney
Selecting an attorney can be complicated. Many aspects need to be considered prior to hiring a lawyer. Contact us for a free consultation with one of our experienced attorneys. Free, no obligation consultation.Suing after an Accident
You may have questions about file suit against the party responsible for your accident. If so, contact our NY law firm, we can help. We have over 50 years experiencing helping New Yorkers.Frequently Asked Legal Questions
If you have questions, our attorneys have answers. Contact us today for a no obligation, free consultation to discuss all your personal injury legal questions.Steps to Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit in New York
There are many steps to a personal injury lawsuit. Contact our firm about your accident and we can walk you through the lawsuit process. We offer free consultations and have over 50 years helping injured New Yorkers.