Chavez & Valko, LLP
- Board Certified, Immigration and Nationality Law - Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Legal Advisor to the Mexican Consulate General in Dallas, TX
- Member of the AILA National Amicus Committee for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
* Martin Valko
- Honorary Consul of Slovak Republic to Texas
- Legal Advisor to the Embassy of the Slovak Republic and the Mexican Consulate General in Dallas, TX
- Member of the AILA National USCIS Field Operations Liaison Committee
* Michelle V. Alonzo
* Gary Frost
- Current Liaison for the Executive Office of Immigration Review (or Immigration Court) in Dallas, TX
* Liset Lefebvre Martinez
* Omar A. Salas
Chavez & Valko is a full-service Texas based immigration law firm with offices in Dallas and Fort Worth, TX specifically handling cases relating to U.S. immigration and naturalization law, and visas to other countries. We represent individuals and businesses in a broad range of immigration matters including "green cards," work and family visas, and deportation defense cases.
We represent companies and individuals in matters such as are permanent immigrant, temporary (L-1, E, H-1, H-2, PERM) and seasonal worker visas, visas for artists, musicians, and entertainers, citizenship and naturalization, deportation defense, appeals to Board of Immigration Appeals, federal litigation such as Writs and Petitions for Review, employer compliance and work site inspections. Our attorneys have represented and counseled Fortune 100 and other multi-national companies, Grammy nominee, MLB and NFL trading card manufacturer, medical doctors and nurses, clergy, World Champion athletes and Olympians, professional race car team, and NHL players.
Our Dallas and Fort Worth immigration lawyers and attorneys assist clients with the following: waiver of inadmissibility (I-601, I-601A, I-212), asylum, family & work visas & permanent residence, labor certification, PERM, I-9 employer compliance, motion to reopen, deportation defense, appeals, H-1, H-2, L-1, writ, citizenship and naturalization. Abogado y abogados, inmigracion; residencia permanente; I-601, I-212 perdones, ciudadania, naturalizacion, deportacion, cortes, fianza, apelaciones; trabajo certificados, visas negocio, permisos trabajo, asilo politico, Dream Act (Accion diferida) TPS for Haiti and other designated countries.
In consideration of the ever-changing and complex immigration laws, our goal is to simplify the process for our clients while keeping them informed of the process step-by-step. We will carefully analyze a legal situation, and if appropriate, explore other creative and legal alternatives that could save time and money for our clients in the long term. Immigration law is our passion. We have an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of immigration law, provide supportive and understanding service, and attentive and informative service throughout the entire legal process. As such, we have written articles on immigration topics in the local media, taught seminars, and have appeared in radio and television programs to discuss immigration issues in our community.
Immigration attorneys at Chavez & Valko have an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of immigration laws, provide supportive and understanding legal services, and are attentive and informative to our clients' needs throughout the entire process. Moreover, immigration attorney Nick Chavez is an expert in immigration laws as he is Board Certified in Immigration and Nationality Law.
Our clients range from individuals to families, and from small businesses to a publicly trade U.S. company with over $8 billion in annual sales. Among others, we have been representing and have counseled Fortune 500 and other multi-national companies, Grammy-nominated pianist and singer, MLB and NFL trading card manufacturer, medical doctors and nurses, clergy and ministerial staff, provide assistance with Temporary Protected Status (TPS) for nationals of Haiti and of other designated countries, World Champion Track & Field athletes and Olympians, a professional race car team and driver, and several NHL players.
We often speak with prospective clients who were frustrated with the immigration process because (1) their case proceeded too slowly, (2) they were unable to reach their attorney, and (3) the legal process was "invisible" to them. Our passion is to help individuals and companies fully resolve their immigration law challenges quickly and completely, by:
- Efficiently processing each petition
- Sending case reports to clients to keep them informed
- Remaining easily accessible to clients. For convenience we are open on Saturdays to further help clients reach us to discuss their legal matter.
It is for this reason that our Dallas and Fort Worth immigration lawyers and our exceptional staff strive to provide the best possible legal services to our clients, with relentless pursuit of their immigration relief under the law. Immigration laws and regulations are dynamic in nature and change constantly, and our lawyers stay on top of latest developments and attend mandatory continuing legal education classes. Best of all, all of Chavez Valko attorneys have also thought other immigration lawyers and presented at such CLEs.
Immigration lawyers Nicolas Chavez (Board Certified in Immigration and Nationality Law), Martin Valko, Michelle V. Alonzo, Gary Frost, Liset Lefebvre Martinez and Omar Salas are experienced in resolving all types of immigration law challenges.
Our team's credentials include:
Our team's credentials include:
- Legal advisors on all aspects of U.S. immigration laws and policy to foreign consulates (Mexico, Slovak Republic)
- Presenters and instructors regarding family- and employment-based immigration, employer compliance, and ethical issues in employment-based immigration, naturalization, immigrants' rights and immigration consequences of criminal activity
- Attorney Nick Chavez is a Member of the AILA National Amicus Committee for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Attorney Martin Valko is a Member of the AILA National USCIS Field Operations Liaison Committee
- Attorney Gary Frost is a Liaison for the Executive Office of Immigration Review (EOIR or Immigration Court) in Dallas, TX
- Members of American Immigration Lawyers Association, U.S.-Mexico Bar Association and the Texas State Bar Standing Committee on Laws Relating to Immigration and Nationality, Texas Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee, Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce, Greater Dallas Chamber of Commerce, Hispanic Contractors Association of DFW, and World Affairs Council of Dallas
Immigration law is often compared to tax law in its complexity. Do not struggle alone with complicated state and federal immigration laws and the varying immigration laws of other countries. We have helped thousands of individuals, families and businesses resolve their immigration law challenges. Contact us for a low-charge initial consultation to discuss how we can help you, your family or your business.Read less
Dallas, TX 75231-1099
Consider the following:
Comfort Level - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
Credentials - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
Cost - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
City - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?