Goldman Antonetti & Cordova, LLC (GAC) is a law firm with a diversified practice, serving local, national and international clients involved in business transactions and litigation in Puerto Rico. Our lawyers provide representation before federal and Puerto Rico courts, as well as before government agencies. We also assist clients in domestic and foreign negotiations and transactions, protecting clients with interests in Puerto Rico against various risks presented by the...Read more
Goldman Antonetti & Cordova, LLC (GAC) is a law firm with a diversified practice, serving local, national and international clients involved in business transactions and litigation in Puerto Rico. Our lawyers provide representation before federal and Puerto Rico courts, as well as before government agencies. We also assist clients in domestic and foreign negotiations and transactions, protecting clients with interests in Puerto Rico against various risks presented by the increasingly complex web of federal and Commonwealth law.
Attorneys at GAC bring a wide range of experience in business, law and government to our practice providing legal representation that obtains favorable consideration by courts policymakers and regulators. Many of the firm's lawyers hold advanced legal or academic degrees, serve as authors and instructors for the legal community and are recognized as civic leaders.
Our legal practice groups
It is our goal to provide each client with a unique, efficient and effective legal solution. Depending on the circumstances, that solution might be provided by a single attorney, by a group of lawyers from a single practice group or by a legal team composed of lawyers with experience in various areas. GAC's practice is divided into four basic areas or departments:
- Corporate and banking, including banking, finance, real estate and land use, securities, environmental law and business formation in Puerto Rico
- Labor and employment law, including defense of discrimination claims and immigration and naturalization
- Litigation and trial practice, providing representation in English and in Spanish in the U.S. District Court, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit and the Puerto Rico judicial system, in arbitration, at trial and appeals
- Tax law, providing counsel and representation in issues under local, Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and United States federal tax laws
In addition, members of the various above-referenced departments have formed practice groups that enable the firm to provide targeted solutions to its clients.
The firm provides its clients with the services of lawyers with the skills, legal knowledge and credibility necessary to represent their interests effectively in federal and Commonwealth regulatory and legal issues. Members of the firm appear on behalf of clients before U.S. Federal and Puerto Rico Courts, government agencies, and in domestic and foreign transactions. GAC's offices are located in the American International Plaza Building in the heart of Hato Rey, San Juan, Puerto Rico's financial district. If you would like to speak with a member of the firm or have any other question, please contact the firm to arrange a consultation with an attorney with the appropriate experience.
Consider the following:
Comfort Level - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
Credentials - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
Cost - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
City - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?