Tomkiel & Tomkiel
Previous Law Firm Name
- Tomkiel Law Network
Law Firm Overview
Tomkiel & Tomkiel, represents New York residents who have been injured, as well as people from out of state who were involved in accidents while visiting or working in New York. Our clients' injuries have occurred in a great variety of circumstances, primarily involving:
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Motor vehicle accidents: car, truck and motorcycle accidents
- Nursing home injuries
- Accidents involving issues of premises liability or product liability
Your recovery after an accidental injury or loss of a family member is worth your best efforts to find a lawyer with the caliber of experience that can deliver the results you need. Tomkiel & Tomkiel, lawyers are experienced, knowledgeable and well respected.
Our track record of favorable outcomes encompasses more than 30 years of successful advocacy for the injured. We have accomplished numerous multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements on behalf of our clients.
Car Accidents, Workplace Accidents, Premises Liability, Product Liability
When a potential client contacts us for counsel and advocacy in a Yonkers area and New York City car crash, lawyers of our firm are prepared to respond and take action right away. If we represent you, our goal is to help you maximize recovery of compensation. Contact us to learn how we can help after an auto accident leaves you with a medical crisis, expenses, losses, pain and suffering.
If your car accident occurred on the job or involved a pedestrian or commercial vehicle, our law firm is prepared to address legal complexities with confidence. Your case may involve special considerations such as subrogation complexities or a bad faith insurance claim. Stanley A. Tomkiel III often gives continuing legal education (CLE) seminars in complex areas of injury and disability law, including car accident and workplace accident cases. Our New York personal injury law firm is prepared to see you through a challenging injury claim or lawsuit.
Construction Accidents and New York's Scaffolding Law
In New York, Labor Law 240, also known as the scaffold law, allows victims to recover full wages and benefits, medical expenses, as well as pain and suffering. Our construction accident attorneys have applied New York's scaffold law to many clients' advantage.
Victims of ladder and scaffold accidents may think that workers' compensation is their sole remedy. Our attorneys, however, often discover cause for third-party liability claims for injured construction workers. A third-party claim against a manufacturer or subcontractor can open the way to recovering ample compensation for pain and suffering in addition to compensation obtainable through application of the scaffold law and/or a workers' compensation claim.
We Advocate for the Injured When Nursing Home Failed to Monitor, Diagnose or Treat Bed Sores or Other Medical Conditions
Our nursing home negligence lawyers are prepared to get to the bottom of the cause of your elderly or disabled family member's bedsores or infection while living in a New York nursing home. Allowing a bedsore to get worse is a sign of failure to monitor a nursing home resident properly and failure to treat a dangerous condition. Consult with Tomkiel & Tomkiel, if you or a family member developed bedsores while living in a nursing home in Manhattan, Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, Yonkers, Mt. Vernon, New Rochelle, White Plains or anywhere in Westchester County, Long Island, Nassau County or Suffolk County.
Frequent Case Types
Read more about the types of cases we often handle.
- Construction Accident in Scarsdale, NY
- Nursing Home Negligence in Scarsdale, NY
- Work Injury in Scarsdale, NY
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Construction Accidents
- Falling Objects
- Bed Sores
- Physical Abuse
- Nurse or Physician Abuse
- Medical Malpractice
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Nieves v. Five Boro Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Corp., 93 N.Y. 2d 914, 712 N.E. 2d 1219 (1999)
- Gallello v. McCall, 247 A.D. 2d 693, 668 N.Y.S. 2d 728 (N.Y.A.D. 3 Dept. 1998)
- Berry v. New York City Bd. of Educ, 239 A.D. 2d 637, 657 N.Y.S.2d 786 (N.Y.A.D. 3 Dept. 1997)
- Nieves v. Five Boro Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Corp., 256 A.D. 2d 106, 683 N.Y.S. 2d 204 (N.Y.A.D. 1 Dept. 1998)
- Arbusto v. Fordham University, 160 A.D. 2d 191, 554 N.Y.S. 2d 2 (N.Y.A.D. 1 Dept. 1990)
- Czuchta v. Bribitzer, 111 A.D. 2d 145, 489 N.Y.S. 2d 697 (N.Y.A.D. 2 Dept. 1985)
- Wirth v. DeVito, 89 A.D. 2d 603, 452 N.Y.S. 2d 463 (N.Y.A.D. 2 Dept. 1982)
- Meaney v. Regan, 88 A.D. 2d 1020, 451 N.Y.S. 2d 915 (N.Y.A.D. 3 Dept. 1982)
- Mead v. Regan, 84 A.D. 2d 620, 444 N.Y.S. 2d 255 (N.Y.A.D. 3 Dept. 1981)
- Gentile v. New York City Housing Authority, 228 A.D. 2d 296, 643 N.Y.S. 2d 588 (N.Y.A.D. 1 Dept. 1996)
West Practice Categories
Car Accident, Construction, Construction Accidents, Medical Malpractice, Nursing Home Abuse, Personal Injury
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our West Legal Directory disclaimers. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.