Birth Injuries Lawyers in Chicago, IL
Birth Injuries Overview
Chicago Birth Injury Attorneys
The use of Prozac during the third trimester of pregnancy may result in the child being born with birth defects. Possible life-threatening heart defects include persistent pulmonary hypertension in a newborn (PPHN), ventricle septal defect (VSD), atrial septal defect (ASD) and others. Non life-threatening defects can include clubfoot, cleft palate, asthma and lung problems.
If you used Prozac during your pregnancy and your child was born with one or more birth defects, you may be entitled to compensation. You should speak with an attorney to discuss your case.
"When they put a product on the market, drug companies have a vested interest in recovering their costs as quickly as they can. We will hold them to account and seek the compensation you deserve." – Tim Cavanagh
Cavanagh Law Group in Chicago, Illinois, is an experienced personal injury law firm with extensive experience in defective drug and product liability cases. We have the investigative skills and financial resources needed to support these expert-intensive cases and, if you retain our firm, we will apply them on your behalf.
Our attorneys will thoroughly investigate your case with the help of leading experts from across the nation. We will also examine the economic and emotional effects of the birth defect on your child in order to include these in our compensation demand.
Cavanagh Law Group has successfully represented many people in birth injury and defective product cases. We have won hundreds of millions of dollars as the result of our work, including these significant medical malpractice cases:
- Vlachos v. Hungerford, et al. - We obtained a $14,000,000 settlement on behalf of a boy who suffered severe brain injury and paralysis of his arms and legs during birth when hospital staff members allegedly mixed up his heart rate with his mother's pulse.
- Hopkins v. Westlake Hospital - Our firm obtained a $7,500,000 settlement for a forty-two-year-old mother of three who suffered a myocardial infarction and brain damage when emergency room staff failed to provide a timely EKG and also administered a drug that sped up the heart rate.
Cavanagh Law Group will seek the best possible result for you.
For a free case evaluation with a lawyer at Cavanagh Law Group, call us at 312-425-1900.
Other Frequent Case Types
Read more about other types of cases we often handle.
- Bicycle Accidents in Chicago, IL
- Bike Lane Accidents in Chicago, IL
- Catastrophic Injuries in Chicago, IL
- Chronic Pain Injury in Chicago, IL
- Distracted Driving Accidents in Chicago, IL
- Industrial Equipment Accidents in Chicago, IL
- Nursing Home Pressure Sore Injuries in Chicago, IL
- OSHA Violations in Chicago, IL
- Police Brutality in Chicago, IL
- Police Chase Accidents in Chicago, IL
- Taxi Accidents in Chicago, IL
- Train Accidents in Chicago, IL
Areas of Practice
- Birth Injuries
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
Cavanagh Law Group Attorneys
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our West Legal Directory disclaimers. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.